Transferring Credits

AP, IB, CLEP, Running Start, and Cambridge Credits 

AP Credit 

WSU awards credit for scores of 3 or higher on College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams. See a list of AP exam credits awarded by WSU. To learn more about UCORE and WSU graduation requirements, visit the University Common Requirement (UCORE) website. For more information on credit for college preparatory exams, see Academic Regulation 15

IB Credit 

WSU awards credit for International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level and Standard Level exams with a score of 4 or better.  

CLEP Credit 

WSU awards credit for qualifying scores on CLEP exams.

Cambridge Credit 

WSU awards credit for qualifying scores on Cambridge Advanced (A) and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level exams.  

Running Start or College-level Coursework While in High School 

If you have completed Running Start classes, or any other college-level coursework while in high school (and none after you graduated high school), you are considered a first-year student at WSU. You will receive applicable college credit once we receive an official college transcript. Use this transfer course search tool to see how your college credits match up with WSU equivalencies.

Associate Degrees

We partner with two-year colleges to create transfer associate “pathways” that include the prerequisites you’ll need to qualify for your major at WSU.

Transfer Credit Tools

Our Transfer Center offers tools you can use to plan your transfer to WSU and understand your pathway to a WSU degree.

Virtual Transfer Center Appointments

The Transfer Center provides 30-minute one-on-one appointments throughout the year for students with transfer credit interested in any WSU campus. These appointments are designed to address specific transfer credit questions and to provide guidance and planning to ensure a successful transition to WSU. These appointments are not intended to serve as registration for classes.