Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University
Admissions Home #FutureCoug
WSU AP, IB & CLEP Credit

AP, IB, Running Start, and CLEP Credits

WSU accepts transfer credit for qualifying scores on Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and CLEP exams.

AP and IB credit

When you apply for admission, have official copies of your AP or IB exam scores sent to WSU along with your college transcripts. Most colleges award similar amounts of credit for AP and IB scores; however, the exact credit hours and course equivalents may differ from place to place.

Running Start

Running Start credit (or any other college credit earned in high school) will transfer in the same way as any college course — just have the college that offered the course send WSU an official transcript when it becomes available.

CLEP Credit

To get credit for CLEP examinations, you’ll need to have a score report sent to WSU. Generally speaking, WSU awards credit for subject scores in the 50th percentile or better.