8:00 – 9:15 a.m.
- Check in
- Continental breakfast
- Student Services and resources fair
9:30 – 9:45 a.m.
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Academic showcases. Based on your academic area of interest, you will have the unique opportunity to interact with faculty and staff to learn more about your intended major as well as the many opportunities available to high achieving students within each college. You will first attend an overview of your academic college where you will learn about research, study abroad, internships, and other exciting endeavors that current WSU students are embarking upon. Smaller breakout sessions will then take place based on academic major; including facility and/or lab tours.
11:45 A.M. – 12:45 p.m.
- Eat Lunch. Enjoy lunch in one of WSU’s dining centers with current undergraduate students to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student within our residential community.
1:00 – 3:45 p.m.
Concurrent workshops. Attend any of these presentations and learn more about the student experience at Washington State University. Student and parents will have the opportunity to attend three workshops (options below):
- Living at WSU
- Student Financial Services
- Academic Success and Career Center
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- Honors College
- Alive! Orientation Preview
- Health Professions Student Center
- Veterans Affairs
*Please see the “Workshops” tab for full descriptions of the workshops.
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Living options open house. See what it’s like to live and learn at WSU. Students and guests will next embark on a walking tour of campus, which includes visiting a variety of residence halls. Tours will be leaving from the CUB every 30 minutes, beginning at 2:00 p.m.
5:00- 5:30 p.m.
- Explore Campus on Your Own. We encourage you to take this time to explore campus on your own or relax prior to dinner. This would be a great time to visit our student bookstore, The Bookie, which is conveniently located in the CUB!
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Distinguished Dinner. Washington State University distinguished faculty and students will welcome you to campus and speak with you on behalf of the WSU community regarding the scholarship, value, and dedication you’ll find at WSU. You’ll be seated with current WSU students who are also top scholars within your academic area of interest.
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Dessert Reception. Spend time with WSU deans, faculty, professors, staff, and students over dessert. Take advantage of this rare chance to interact with and ask questions of top leadership.