University Achievement Award
$2,000 per year
The University Achievement Award is automatically awarded and qualified students are notified upon their offer of admission to WSU.
Awarded to students based on a combination of a minimum 3.4 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA) and qualifying SAT or ACT test scores. *
To receive the award, you must also:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. (HB 1079 & DACA students eligible)
- Be a resident of the state of Washington
- Enroll at the Pullman campus as a freshman for fall 2017
This scholarship cannot be combined with the WSU Regents Scholarship, WSU Distinguished Regents Scholarship, or a National Merit award.
If you meet and exceed the University Achievement Award eligibility, please review the Distinguished University Achievement Award for more information.
* Test score qualifying ranges are dependent on GPA and test date. The SAT taken prior to March 2016 (OLD SAT) are scored differently than the SAT taken after March 2016 (REDESIGNED SAT). WSU uses nationally recognized concordance tables to give the student the benefit of the best concorded score.
|Cumulative, unweighted GPA on a 4 point scale||Old SAT (taken prior to March 2016)*||New SAT (taken March 2016 or after)**||ACT score|
|*Combined Critical Reading and Math Sections Only|
(CR + M)
|**Evidence-based Reading and Writing and Math Sections|
(EBRW + M)
Renewable for an additional year or a maximum of 4 total semesters if you meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade-point average by the end of spring semester;
- Maintain 12 credits each semester on the Pullman campus;
- Complete 24 graded semester credits by the end of each spring semester;
- Maintain resident status and maintain undergraduate, non-professional degree status.
- Must continue enrollment on the Pullman campus.
Eligibility requirements and award amounts are subject to change.
Whether you are eligible for this particular award or not, be sure to also fill out the WSU general scholarship application by January 31 annually. It gives you the opportunity to be considered for more than 700 other scholarship programs.