Wondering how you’ll pay for college? We’ll help you find a way. Every year WSU awards approximately $207 million in scholarships and financial aid to more than 17,000 students. We encourage all students to apply for scholarships. Grades, talent, financial need, leadership, ambition — any one of these could qualify you for one of several hundred different award programs at WSU.
Make sure to complete the WSU general scholarship application along with your admission application by January 31 and complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by February 15. Completing both will ensure you’re in the running for more than 700 available scholarships.
- Washington residents
- Completing the WSU scholarship application puts you in the running for these major scholarships, plus many more.
- Non-Washington residents
- WSU has several scholarship programs designed specifically to help out-of-state students with tuition.
- International students
- Eligible students must be enrolling for the first time in a degree program at WSU and not hold immigrant status in the U.S. and pay non-resident tuition.
- Departmental scholarships
- Most of the University’s academic colleges award scholarships of their own. Most of these awards depend on your interest in a particular field or major.