If you are interested in the Regents Scholars Program, your first step is to let your school counselor or principal know. It’s up to them to decide who they nominate. Your next step is to sign up for an early SAT or ACT test date. Official scores must be received by WSU before the deadline or your submission will not be accepted.
Whether you’re nominated for a Regents award or not, be sure to apply for admission and submit the WSU scholarship application. There are many other WSU scholarships you may qualify for, and we’d love to have you here.
What’s next if you’re nominated?
If you have been nominated for a WSU Regents Scholarship, you will need to complete the following steps by Wednesday, November 30, 2018 to be eligible for an award.
- Complete the WSU admission application.
- Complete the WSU general scholarship application.
- Have official transcripts sent to the WSU Office of Admission. Transcripts must be sent directly from your high school registrar to WSU.
- Have SAT or ACT scores sent to the WSU Office of Admission. Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to WSU.
All items must be received by WSU by the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
Mailed materials can be sent to this address:
Washington State University
Office of Admissions
370 Lighty Student Services Bldg.
PO Box 641067
Pullman, WA 99164-1067
Students who qualify academically and have completed and submitted the applications and required documentation by the November 30 deadline will be eligible for scholarship review.
All applications and materials will be reviewed by a panel of WSU faculty and staff members in December and January. Students selected to receive an award will be notified by mail at the end of January by WSU Student Financial Services. Scholarship winners will also be announced on this website.
Frequently Asked Questions – Students
How do I know what the qualifying GPA and SAT/ACT test scores are?
What if I haven’t taken my SAT/ACTs yet?
- You can still take the test. However, official tests scores MUST be at WSU by the deadline of November 30th
How long does it take for my scores to get to WSU?
- Your test scores are not available until two weeks after you complete the test. At that point, it can take two weeks for the testing agency to provide the scores to WSU, and for scores to upload into the myWSU system. Plan accordingly!
Can I email my high school transcripts?
- Official transcripts can be submitted electronically from the high school to WSU via “Parchment”, “e-ScriptSafe”, or “National Student Clearinghouse”. Once submitted, please do not send hard copies as well. Transcripts can also be faxed to the Office of Admissions (509-335-4902), if you chose to fax, it must include a cover letter and must come directly from the high school administration office.
Can I email a copy of my SAT/ACT scores?
- WSU will only accept official test scores sent from the testing agency. Have your SAT or ACT scores sent directly from the testing agency. All WSU campuses use the same code for the SAT (4705) and the ACT (4482)
What is looked at for Distinguished Regents?
- During the month of December, a group of faculty and staff across campus review the submitted Regents Scholars applications. They will look at your WSU General Scholarship Application, SAT/ACT test scores, GPA, and high school narrative. The WSU General Scholarship Application essays are read and scored.