If you are interested in the Regents Scholars Program, your first step is to let your school counselor or principal know. It’s up to them to decide who they nominate.
Whether you’re nominated for a Regents award or not, be sure to apply for admission and submit the WSU scholarship application. There are many other WSU scholarships you may qualify for, and we’d love to have you here.
What’s next if you’re nominated?
If you have been nominated for a WSU Regents Scholarship, you will need to complete the following steps by Wednesday, October 21, 2020 to be eligible for an award.
- Complete the WSU admission application.
- Complete the WSU general scholarship application.
- Have unofficial transcripts sent to the WSU Office of Admission. Transcripts must be sent directly from your high school registrar to WSU.
All items must be received by WSU by the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
Mailed materials can be sent to this address:
Washington State University
Office of Admissions
370 Lighty Student Services Bldg.
PO Box 641067
Pullman, WA 99164-1067
Students who qualify academically and have completed and submitted the applications and required documentation by the October 21 deadline will be eligible for scholarship review.
All applications and materials will be reviewed by a panel of WSU faculty and staff members in early November. Students selected to receive an award will be notified by mail at the end of November by WSU Student Financial Services. Scholarship winners will also be announced on this website.
Frequently Asked Questions – Students
Can I email my high school transcripts?
- Official transcripts can be submitted electronically from the high school to WSU via “Parchment”, “Scribbles”, “eScrip-Safe”, or “National Student Clearinghouse”. Once submitted, please do not send hard copies as well. Transcripts can also be faxed to the Office of Admissions (509-335-4902), if you chose to fax, it must include a cover letter and must come directly from the high school administration office.
What is looked at for Distinguished Regents?
- During the month of November, a group of faculty and staff across campus review the submitted Regents Scholars applications. They will look at your WSU General Scholarship Application, GPA, and high school narrative. The WSU General Scholarship Application essays are read and scored.