Who is eligible for the Regents program?
Washington high schools and student nominees must all meet specific criteria to be eligible to participate in the Regents Scholars Program.
To be eligible for nomination and consideration for a Regents Scholarship Program, students must:
- Be a Washington state resident.
- Be a high school senior.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement based on grade point average (GPA) of 3.6 or higher, as well as, community, civic, and co-curricular involvement.
- Complete the WSU application for admission (including sending high school transcripts) and complete the general scholarship application by the Regents Scholars Program deadline.
- Enter the WSU Pullman campus as a freshman in the fall semester after high school graduation.
- Undocumented students can be nominated as long as they meet the criteria above, and are eligible to complete the Non-US Citizens Affidavit of Residency.
Schools that are eligible to nominate
All public schools on the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) list are eligible.
Eligible private schools must be OSPI-approved with an OSPI-reported enrollment of at least 100 in grades 9 through 12. They must also have students enrolled in at least 3 of 4 high-school grade levels.
Each eligible school is invited to nominate two high school seniors for the Regents Scholar Program.
Eligibility requirements and award amounts are subject to change.