Who is eligible for the Regents program?
Washington high schools and student nominees must all meet specific criteria to be eligible to participate in the Regents Scholars Program.
To be eligible for nomination and consideration for a Regents Scholarship award, students must:
- Be a Washington state resident.
- Be a high school senior.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement based on a combination of grade point average (GPA) and SAT or ACT test scores, as well as, community, civic, and co-curricular involvement.
- Use the Eligibility Chart to see if you are eligible for the Regents Scholars Program.
- Complete the WSU application for admission (including sending high school transcripts and SAT/ACT test scores) and complete the general scholarship application by the Regents Scholars Program deadline.
- Enter the WSU Pullman campus as a freshman in the fall semester after high school graduation.
Schools that are eligible to nominate
All public schools on the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) list are eligible.
Eligible private schools must be OSPI-approved with an OSPI-reported enrollment of at least 100 in grades 9 through 12. They must also have students enrolled in at least 3 of 4 high-school grade levels.
Each eligible school is invited to nominate two high school seniors for Regents Scholar awards.