Award Valued at Full Out of State Tuition
Offered to incoming freshmen at WSU Pullman who are non-Washington residents. The Phillip and June Lighty Leadership Award provides full out-of-state tuition for an incoming freshman who has distinguished themselves through outstanding leadership qualities and academic excellence. The primary focus of this award is leadership, which may be demonstrated through traditional school activities, work responsibilities, community involvement, church-related activities, and family commitments. The award recognizes the accomplishments of youth leaders and seeks to encourage and support potential leaders. The award is valued at full out-of-state tuition per year with the ability to renew for three additional years.
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Apply for admission and complete the WSU general scholarship application by January 31, 2018
- Complete the Lighty Leadership Award supplemental application by January 31, 2018
- Be a senior in an accredited non-Washington high school with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enroll at the Pullman campus as a freshman for fall 2018