Additional Application Types

WSU Pullman offers programs to suit many educational journeys. For students looking for something other than undergraduate or graduate programs, you’ll find a place here.

Non-Degree Programs and Certificates

If you are taking classes for personal enrichment, to transfer to another college, for a teaching endorsement, or to be certified in a particular area, and don’t intend to complete a degree at WSU Pullman, then you’re considered a non-degree student for admission purposes.

Be advised of the following limitations and exemptions:

  • Non-degree and certificate students are not eligible for financial aid.
  • If you decide to pursue a degree at WSU Pullman, you will still have to apply for regular admission status.
  • Coursework completed as a non-degree student can’t be applied toward a graduate degree. You will be ineligible to enroll in 500-level business classes or in other courses at the 600, 700, or 800 levels.

Post-Bachelor’s Study

You’re considered a post-bachelor’s degree student for admission purposes if you have already earned a bachelor’s degree from a school other than WSU Pullman. Follow these steps to apply:

  1. Fill out the WSU Pullman admission application.
  2. If you’ve taken college courses elsewhere since you left WSU, request official transcripts from all colleges you attended. Transcripts and test scores must be sent directly from the school or testing agency to WSU via postal mail, fax, or an accepted documentation service such as Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Scribbles, or eScrip-Safe. Please note: we do not accept official transcripts sent via email. 

    Office of Admissions and Recruitment
    370 Lighty Student Services Bldg
    Washington State University
    PO Box 641067
    Pullman, WA 99164-1067
    Fax: 509-335-4902 
  3. If you’re currently taking college courses, send a copy of your final transcript to the WSU Office of Admissions when your coursework is complete.
  4. Request official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended. If your coursework at your current college isn’t complete, you’ll also need to have a copy of your final transcript sent to WSU Pullman.

    Some degree programs (such as business, architecture, engineering, and communication) require prerequisites beyond the standard general education requirements. Contact the relevant academic department to find out if you’ll need to meet additional requirements before taking courses in your major.
    Note: This is a guide to the admission process, not a statement of policy. See the WSU General Catalog for official requirements and regulations.

Returning Student

Are you returning to WSU Pullman to complete your undergraduate degree? If you previously enrolled seeking an undergraduate degree at any WSU campus and have been away for more than one semester (excluding the summer semester), complete the following steps.

(Note: If you’ve been absent for only one semester, you don’t need to reapply. Contact the Academic Success and Career Center to plan your next steps.)

  • Consider your options. Before you return to WSU Pullman, reflect on the situation that caused you to leave, how many college credits remain, and what degree you want to earn.
  • Choose whether to attend online or on-campus. It’s possible that you can finish your degree from a distance through the Global Campus. (Note: Not all majors are offered online, so check that yours is available.)
  • Confirm which courses you might need to take to complete your major. If you want to finish the major you were admitted to at WSU Pullman, contact the department for that program and speak with an advisor about what requirements you still need to fulfill. If you want to study a different major, contact the Academic Success and Career Center (ASCC). They’ll gladly advise you on prerequisites and next steps to change your major.
  • If you haven’t been admitted to a major yet, contact the Academic Success and Career Center (ASCC), which will advise you and serve as your academic “home” until you are accepted in your intended major.
  • Check on your academic record. If your GPA at WSU never fell below 2.0, you’re fine. However, if your last semester and/or cumulative GPA dropped lower than a 2.0, you’ll need to complete a reinstatement application which includes a personal statement. Learn more about academic reinstatement here.

Your final step is to apply for admission.

Certificate Programs

Certificates offer an opportunity for certification in a specialized area and are not considered degrees. While some certificates entail only a single course, others involve multiple courses that build your knowledge base.

Visit our Certificate page for more information on what certificate programs are offered at WSU Pullman.