You’re officially a Coug!
Congrats on confirming your admission to WSU. You are now able to complete the following steps:
- Apply for on-campus housing. The sooner you apply for housing, the better your chances of getting one of your top residence hall choices. The housing application requires a $400 advanced housing payment and a $150 security deposit. Freshmen are required to live on campus for their first year. This rule also applies to students under 20 years of age with less than one year of post high school college credit. Transfer students not bound by the Freshman Live-in Rule also have the option to live off campus.
- Sign up for Alive! orientation or Transfer Alive! All new students must attend an orientation session to meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. The Alive! orientation fee is $230 for students and $195 for parent/guests with on-campus overnight accommodations and $140 for parents/guests staying off-campus.
- Talk to your admission counselor about taking the online math placement exam and the writing placement exam. If you have transferable college credit in math and English, you might not need to take these so check with your counselor! If you are wanting to take any foreign language courses, you’ll also need to take the foreign language placement exam before enrolling in any foreign language courses. The foreign language placement exam is not required if you do not intend to enroll in foreign language courses.
- Provide proof of immunization. You’ll need to provide proof of measles (Rubeola) immunity before registering for classes. Forms and other information are available from WSU Health and Wellness Services.
- Sign in to myWSU (WSU’s student information system) and review your personal to-do lists for financial aid, orientation, and more.
- Plan ahead for university move-in on August 16, the Week of Welcome August 16-20, and fall semester classes starting on August 21.
Ready for orientation?
All new students have to attend a registration/orientation session to register for classes.
There are plenty of opportunities throughout the summer and fall, so no worries about getting in.
Choose the event and date that fit you best:
- Spring orientation– Held in January for all students starting spring semester.
- Alive orientation — Most of our new students attend Alive! in the summer.
- Fall Alive — Held in August. If you can’t make Alive! in the summer, here’s your last chance. International students often attend this session, as it fits within the arrival window specified by U.S. visa regulations.
- Transfer Registration Days — A registration event for transfer students only (transfers can also attend Alive!).
Registration/orientation dates are available throughout the summer and fall.
You may also want to consider:
- WSU Summer Advantage, a program which lets you get to campus and earn college credit before fall semester starts.