A top communication program
- #1 research in advertising, media literacy, and substance abuse prevention (ComVista, 2018-19)
- Top 20 journalism program (NewsPro Magazine, RTDNA, 2014)
- A top 10 research program in 27 communication-related research areas
- Student television productions frequently win national and regional student Emmy awards.
Hands-on practice, professional experience
In the Murrow College's communication programs, you'll study the theories behind communication and persuasion — and put them right into action.
In addition to the hands-on practice built into your classes, you can get true professional experience before you graduate.
Just a few of the opportunities to hone your skills right here at WSU:
- Cable 8 Productions, the student-run TV station
- The Daily Evergreen newspaper, one of the best college newspapers in the U.S.
- KUGR, the student-run radio station
- Advertising Club, a small-scale ad agency seeking real businesses and schools as clients
The Murrow College also helps you find internships in a variety of places — from local and regional organizations to major media outlets in Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York.