Majors, minors & more
Wine and Beverage Business Management
Carson College of Business
- Offered as:
The major in wine and beverage business management draws on the expertise of the University's exceptionally strong hospitality business management program. The program's overarching objective is to provide a pool of highly skilled business leaders focused on the burgeoning wine industry. Graduates of the program will be educated across a broad range of wine and beverage business practices and related functional areas, from the management of beverage services to the identification and development of demand generators.
- Strengths and benefits
- WSU's School of Hospitality Business Management is No. 1 in the nation for providing career services assistance to its students as they seek internships and jobs.
- WSU has proven expertise in viticulture, enology, and business, and has research and development partnerships with winemakers across the state.
- Benefit from proximity to one of the world's best and fastest-growing wine regions: a Cabernet Sauvignon from a Washington winery was named best wine of 2009 by Wine Spectator, and the winery's CEO was named Man of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine.
- The interdisciplinary program is tailored to the future needs of the premium wine industry in Washington state and other regions.
- Scholarships and financial aid
A variety of state, federal, and university-sponsored programs are available to help students with educational costs.
For all students at WSU
Washington State University awards millions of dollars in financial aid and scholarships to students every year based on financial need, academic merit, or a combination of the two.
To get all the financial help WSU can provide, you'll need to do these two things:
- Complete the University's general scholarship application so you can be eligible for scholarship consideration, including departmental awards.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) so WSU can consider you for aid (scholarships, grants, loans, etc.) based on financial need. Get started here.
Click here for more info about about WSU scholarships and financial aid
For students in wine business
Students qualify for scholarships from the Carson College of Business as well as the School of Hositality Business Management.