- Offered as:
A sport management education provides students with the planning and administrative skills needed to contribute to the success of organizations that focus on sport activities, sport products, or sport services.
- Strengths of the program
- Our faculty members are recognized authorities in sport law, sport governance, sport sociology, ethics, marketing, and finance.
- Pursue practical, hands-on experience with Pac-12 athletics and in the University's intramural sports program — one of the largest in the United States.
- Personalize your program with specializations in business or communication.
- WSU offers the only bachelor of arts in sport management degree in the Pacific Northwest.
- Scholarships and financial aid
A variety of state, federal, and university-sponsored programs are available to help students with educational costs.
For all students at WSU
Washington State University awards millions of dollars in financial aid and scholarships to students every year based on financial need, academic merit, or a combination of the two.
To get all the financial help WSU can provide, you'll need to do these two things:
- Complete the University's general scholarship application so you can be eligible for scholarship consideration, including departmental awards.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) so WSU can consider you for aid (scholarships, grants, loans, etc.) based on financial need. Get started here.
For students in sport management
Students are eligible for scholarships from the College of Education. Visit the college's scholarships page for more information.
- Career options in sport management
- University athletic programs (alumni relations, marketing and promotions, athletic conference offices, event management)
- Community agencies (Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCAs, recreational sports programs)
- Amateur sport programs (Special Olympics, sports clubs and camps, community sports programs)
- Professional sports (public relations, corporate sponsorships, group sales)
- Sport merchandising (team sales, regional sales)
- Radio/TV (sports production, sports broadcasting, public relations)