Majors, minors & more
College of Arts and Sciences
- Offered as:
Students consider personal, academic, and career goals to design multidisciplinary degree programs in the social sciences or humanities. The unique student-centered plans result from students’ focus on individual values, interests, and abilities to achieve fulfillment of lifelong personal, educational, and professional goals.
- Scholarships and financial aid
A variety of state, federal, and university-sponsored programs are available to help students with educational costs.
For all students at WSU
Washington State University awards millions of dollars in financial aid and scholarships to students every year based on financial need, academic merit, or a combination of the two.
To get all the financial help WSU can provide, you'll need to do these two things:
- Complete the University's general scholarship application so you can be eligible for scholarship consideration, including departmental awards.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) so WSU can consider you for aid (scholarships, grants, loans, etc.) based on financial need. Get started here.
Click here for more info about about WSU scholarships and financial aid
For humanities majors
The College of Arts and Sciences awards more than $50,000 in scholarships each year. For more information, see the CAS scholarships page.
The School of Languages, Cultures, and Race awards numerous scholarships annually for new students, continuing students, and those pursuing study abroad.
What you can do with a degree in social sciences and humanities
• Social services
• Marketing and public relations
• Publishing, editing, and technical and creative writing
Skills you can market with a degree in social sciences and humanities
• Effective written and oral communication
• Reading and listening comprehension
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Passion for life-long learning
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Ability to conduct independent learning projects
• Time management and organization
• Ability to integrate knowledge from a variety of disciplines