Learn from the best
WSU is a world leader in agricultural research, ranking in the top 10 for research productivity and influence in nearly every agriculture-related discipline.
The University ranks among the nation's top 10 in:
- Agronomy/crop sciences: 7th
- Animal sciences: 4th
- Food sciences: 6th
- Horticulture: 8th
- Plant sciences: 2nd
- Veterinary medicine: 3rd
No matter what area of agriculture you're interested in, you'll be learning from professors who really are national and world leaders in their fields.
Rankings are based on statistics released by the Chronicle of Higher Education in 2010.
A path of discovery
The University's agricultural science programs are rich with hands-on possibilities:
- Lab or field research with a professor as your guide
- Part-time work with the University's research staff
- Hands-on practice in the WSU dairy, food science labs, or the on-campus orchard and organic farm
- Internships that get you ready for the professional world.
And these are only a few of the opportunities you can take advantage of at WSU.