Majors, minors & more
By combining the best elements of a prestigious liberal arts college education with the vast resources of a major research university, the WSU Honors College empowers you to sharpen your intellect and deepen your creativity to the fullest.
- Engage one-on-one with renowned professors in small, dynamic classes.
- Immerse yourself in new discoveries through your own academic research.
- You're encouraged to study abroad to enhance your perspective on cultures, languages, political systems, and environmental conditions throughout the world.
You can major in any discipline, follow the honors curriculum, and still graduate in four years.
Scholarships and financial aid
A variety of state, federal, and university-sponsored programs are available to help students with educational costs.
For all students at WSU
Washington State University awards millions of dollars in financial aid and scholarships to students every year based on financial need, academic merit, or a combination of the two.
To get all the financial help WSU can provide, you'll need to do these two things:
- Complete the University's general scholarship application so you can be eligible for scholarship consideration, including departmental awards.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) so WSU can consider you for aid (scholarships, grants, loans, etc.) based on financial need. Get started here.
Click here for more info about about WSU scholarships and financial aid
For honors students
In addition to university-wide scholarships, the Honors College offers scholarships to cover housing, tuition, and study and research opportunities. Students are also eligible for National Distinguished Scholarships. The Honors College partners with the Distinguished Scholarships program to help students identify which awards fit with their academic areas and career aspirations.