A top communication program
- One of the top 25 communication schools in the nation.
- 4th in the nation for broadcast journalism.
- The #1 public relations sequence in the northwest.
- Student television productions frequently win national and regional Emmy awards.
Hands-on practice, professional experience
As a com major, you'll study the theories behind communication and persuasion — and put them right into action.
In addition to the hands-on practice built into your classes, you can get true professional experience before you graduate.
Just a few of the opportunities to hone your skills right here at WSU:
- Cable 8 Productions, which features one of the few nightly, fully student-run news broadcasts in the country, in addition to a full slate of student-produced television programming
- The Daily Evergreen newspaper
- KUGR FM radio
- Cougar Communications Group and the Advertising Club, student groups that function as small-scale professional agencies
The communication program also helps you find internships in a variety of places — from local and regional organizations to major media outlets in Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York.