Hands-on practice. Professional experience.
In the University's communication-related majors, you'll study the theories behind communication and persuasion — and put them right into action.
In addition to the hands-on practice built into your classes, you can get true professional experience right here at WSU before you graduate.
Just a few of the opportunities to hone your skills right here at WSU:
- Cable 8 Productions, the student-run TV station
- The Daily Evergreen, one of the only daily college newspapers in the U.S.
- KUGR, the student-run radio station
- Advertising Club, a small scale student-run ad agency seeking real businesses and schools as clients
The Murrow College also helps you find internships in a variety of places — from local and regional organizations to major media outlets in Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York.
A top communication program
- Top 20 journalism program (NewsPro Magazine, RTDNA, 2014)
- #1 in the U.S. in advertising, media literacy, and substance abuse prevention research (ComVista)
- Top 10 research program in 27 communication-related research areas (CIOS)
- Student journalists frequently win awards for writing, reporting, and photography