GET/529 savings accounts are a common way that families pay for education. These are funds outside of financial aid that is awarded based on the FAFSA/WASFA applications.

There are two ways the GET/529 funds can be sent to WSU.

  1. Request the funds to be sent electronically from your account to WSU. This would be done either by you requesting the transfer via the website for the GET/529 account or by calling your account manager.
  2. Have the funds sent directly to you and then you and your student use those to pay the WSU bill. We recommend you work with your account manager to determine which option is best for you.

GET/529 funds are applied directly to a student’s WSU account. This means it does not get factored into a student’s financial aid package. Students are eligible to complete the FAFSA/WASFA and be awarded those funds on top of any financial aid funds.

WSU’s Bursar’s Office handles all GET/529 funds coming to WSU. They can be contacted at or 509-335-9651.