We would like to congratulate all of the students who have been offered admission to WSU. Once a student is admitted, encourage them to complete the next steps by submitting the $200 advance tuition deposit in myWSU. After they’ve confirmed their admissions there are a few important items that need to be completed prior to starting classes in the fall. Please pass these checklist items onto your students:
- Apply for on-campus housing as soon as possible after confirming your admission. The sooner you apply for housing, the better your chances of getting one of your top residence hall choices. The housing application requires a $400 advanced housing payment* plus a $150 security deposit. Freshmen are required to live on campus for their first year.
- Sign up for Alive! orientation as soon as possible after confirming your admission. All new students must attend an orientation session to meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. The Alive! orientation matriculation fee* is $230 for students and $195 for parent/guests with overnight accommodations on-campus and $140 for parents/guests staying off-campus (parent attendance is optional). Limited grant funds are available for those with financial need, please contact New Student Programs for more information.
- Take the online math placement exam before attending orientation. Get started on this step early so you can take advantage of the 6-week online review.
- Take the writing placement exam. The exam can be taken online at any time, or as a pencil-and-paper test at your Alive! orientation session.
- Provide proof of immunization. You’ll need to provide proof of measles (Rubella) immunity before registering for classes. Forms and other information are available from WSU Health and Wellness Services.
- Sign in to myWSU (WSU’s student information system) and review your personal to-do lists for financial aid, orientation, and more.
*These costs are deferrable to the start of fall semester when students have their financial aid available to them. For details on deferring these costs your student can contact their WSU Admission Counselor at rep.wsu.edu.