The "Washington 45" list makes it easier to complete and transfer general education/university common requirements (UCORE) from school to school in the state of Washington.
Students who complete courses from the list below at a public college or university in Washington will be able to transfer and apply up to 45 quarter credits toward general education requirements/university common requirements (UCORE) at any public college or university (and most private colleges) in the state.
Courses that transfer
The transferable courses are listed here in common general education categories. Schools can approach course content in different ways, so your specific courses may match different general education requirements at WSU.
- Communications (5 credits) — ENGL 101 or ENGL 102
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning (5 credits) — MATH 107, MATH 148, or MATH 151
- Humanities (10 credits in two different subject areas or disciplines) — PHIL 101, MUSC 105, DRMA 101, ENGL 111, or HUM 101- For colleges where history fulfills humanities requirements: HIST 116, HIST 117, HIST 118, HIST 146, HIST 147, or HIST 148
- Social Science (10 credits in two different subject areas or disciplines) — PSYC 100, SOC 101, POLS 101, or POLS 202
— For colleges where history fulfills social science requirements: HIST 116, HIST 117, HIST 118, HIST 146, HIST 147, or HIST 148
- Natural Sciences (10 credits in two different subject areas or disciplines) — BIOL 100, BIOL 160 with lab, ASTR 100, ASTR 101 with lab, CHEM 105, CHEM 110 with lab, CHEM 121 with lab, CHEM 161, CHEM 162, ENVS 100, ENVS 101, PHYS 121, GEOL 101 with lab
- 5 additional credits in a different discipline can be taken from any category listed above.
Some important notes
- For transfer purposes, a student must have a minimum grade of C or better (2.0 or above) in each course completed from this list. To be a competitive candidate for admission WSU recommends applicants have at least a 2.5 transfer GPA in the courses above.
- The Washington 45 courses do not replace the Direct Transfer Agreement, Associate of Science Tracks I and II, or any Major Related Program agreement.
- Completing Washington 45 courses does not guarantee admission to WSU.
- Students who transfer Washington 45 courses must also meet WSU's admission requirements and eventually satisfy all University common requirements (UCORE) and degree requirements.