Discover your passion
There are a multitude of careers in environmental science and natural resource management. Washington State University has nationally and internationally recognized expertise in several areas in this broad, vital field:
- Natural resource sciences
- Wildlife ecology
- Landscape architecture
- Civil engineering
- Environmental science and regional planning
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Agriculture and food security
Explore your options, find your passion, and find fulfilling work in what may be the most meaningful career fields of our time.
It's your environment. What are you going to do with it?
We humans modify earth and environmental systems, often creating unexpected consequences to our environment. In environmental sciences disciplines, you lead the way toward understanding natural processes and how human activity affects them:
- Investigate the geologic past to understand the present and future states of our planet. Explore through studies ranging from the atomic structure of minerals to global patterns of geochemical cycling and climate change.
- Build your comprehension through the chemical, mathematical, and physical sciences.
- Dig into human impact on the environment with interdisciplinary study of biological and social sciences.